Tuesday, October 4, 2011

“Ballin” DIY Ornament Ball Wreath

Happy Tuesday Everyone! With my husband away and the weather a bit chilly last night I decided to collect all my left over Christmas ornament balls from last year’s DIY Christmas Wreaths and see if I could make one with the left over’s. I had a few random colors but I came up with the color combination of green, gold, silver and bronze. I think it turned out nice. What do you think?

I made a few of these last year for Christmas gifts and it seemed to be a hit. If you are interested I’ve included step by step directions with pictures included below. Also, here are a few pictures of color combination ideas. These were the Christmas Craft of 2010, what shall I do for 2011 is the questions?? Maybe some wood block signs? Anyone else working on anything? I’m also thinking of maybe doing something different and doing edible Christmas gifts.




Supplies you will need:

• Metal or foam wreath- Michaels (I personally liked the metal frame best)
• Glue Gun/Glue Sticks (have plenty of sticks on hand)
• Assortment of Shatterproof Ornaments- Large, Medium & Mini Size balls (Target and Kmart had a great selection of coordinating colors)
• Hanging wire or Ribbon


Let’s get “Ballin” once you have collected all your supplies, its best to lay them all out in front of you, so if you have a kitchen table or large working surface that would work best. Also, just a tip I usually lay some sort of plastic down so the glitter and glue does not get on the table.

Step 1
Attach your hanging wire or ribbon on the frame and Glue your first row of balls to the middle of the frame.







Step 2
Glue a row of balls on the inside of your frame, gluing them to the first outside row.



Step 3
Start filling in the gaps with the medium size ornaments around the 2 rows of large ornaments.


Step 4- Final Step
Fill in the remaining gaps with the mini ornament balls.




And there you go, a beautiful Christmas Wreath to enjoy during the holidays!

6 comments:

  1. Those look fabulous! I love the newest colors. Keep ballon baller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I got lucky, it literally is everything I had left over from last year and I was able to make one last wreath. I like the colors also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, meant to say, I love these and they look very doable. Never to early for getting the Christmas stuff ready. My favorite holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are fairly easy to make. Just a little time consuming. But they make great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning on making one for my mom! They're just beautiful and easy! Thanks for the most easiest directions I've read yet! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete